Sean P. Ducharme is a partner in the firm’s business practice group. Sean’s transactional practice focuses on advising private equity sponsors and investors, investment advisory firms and public and private companies in areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring and governance, private placements of securities, joint ventures, co-investments, direct investments, venture capital investments, business entity and securities laws, and general business, commercial and compliance matters.
Sean is a Certified Public Accountant. Prior to practicing law, Sean was a senior auditor at Ernst & Young LLP.
- Represented the founders of a music & arts festival in their sale of a majority stake in the festival to a public live entertainment company.
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of high-performance wire and cable in its acquisition of a manufacturer of highly engineered micro miniature flex circuits and sensors for the medical and test & measurement markets.
- Represented a manufacturer and supplier of building products in its acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of architectural metal roof panels, steel and aluminum flat sheets and coils, wall panels and perimeter roof edge systems.
- Represented an independent investment advisory firm in its acquisitions of numerous registered investment advisers.
- Represented a public diversified global company in the sale of its foodservice products division to a private equity fund.
- Represented the owner of a developer of software, online solutions and payment processing services for governments in the sale of a majority stake in the business and related equity rollover to a private equity-sponsored holding company engaged in a roll-up of several similar businesses.
- Represented the largest division of a public international distribution and outsourcing group in its acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of high visibility clothing and other safety-related workwear.
- Represented a public manufacturer of plastic films and aluminum extrusions in its acquisition of a manufacturer of extruded aluminum products for a wide range of markets in the United States.
- Represented a public diversified global company in its acquisition of a provider of universal dispensing systems and food safety products for foodservice and hygiene applications.
- Represented a public diversified global company in its acquisition of a provider of design and engineering services, testing and certification work, and manufactured products for in-flight connectivity applications on commercial, business and military aircraft.
- Represented the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer in its sale of a specialty high-end toy brand to a private equity-owned distributor of consumer products.
- Represented an independent investment advisory firm in connection with a complex corporate reorganization and recapitalization.
- Represented several investment management firms, life insurance companies and lenders in various equity co-investments and direct investments alongside lead private equity sponsors.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, Order of the Coif, 1998
- BS, Commerce, Accounting Concentration, University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, 1992
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section; Committee on Mergers & Acquisitions and Subcommittee on Private Equity M&A; Committee on LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities
- Member, Virginia Bar Association, Business Law and Corporate Counsel Sections; Securities Law Committee of Business Law Section
- Member, Richmond Bar Association, Finance Committee (2018-present) and Business Law Section, Executive Committee (Chair 2017-18)
- Member, Jefferson Scholars Foundation, Richmond Regional Selection Committee (2015-present)
Rate : $$$$