Sean J. Metherell represents clients in real estate litigation, with a particular focus on eminent domain matters. He has litigated eminent domain matters in Colorado and Minnesota state courts.
Sean represents both landowners and condemning entities in eminent domain proceedings. While he primarily represents private and institutional landowners facing condemnation, Sean also represents energy companies in corridor acquisition projects.
Sean has experience as both a lead attorney and as a second chair attorney in eminent domain valuation trials in Colorado and Minnesota state courts. As part of his eminent domain practice, Sean also works with a number of experts, including appraisers, land planners and engineers.
Sean represents institutional clients in other disputes involving real property interests. He has represented clients in quiet title actions and mechanic’s lien disputes, and he has successfully resolved a number of cases through negotiated settlement.
Outside of his legal practice, Sean enjoys road cycling, hiking and camping with his wife and daughter. He is also an avid supporter of Denver professional sports teams and a fan of professional tennis.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. Journal of Business Law (executive editor) (2014)
- University of Pennsylvania, M.B.E. in Bioethics (2014)
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton Certificate in Management (2014)
- Pacific Union College, B.S. in Business Administration, magna cum laude (2005)
Bar Admissions : Colorado, Minnesota
Professional Associations :
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Civic Activities :
- Littleton Hospital Foundation — Board Member
- Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado — Associates Campaign Firm Representative
Rate : $$$