Serhat T. Krause is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Group. Serhat’s practice focuses on all aspects of real estate transactions, including real estate acquisitions and dispositions, development, joint ventures and financings. Serhat also regularly counsels private equity funds, pension funds and investment advisers in connection with direct or indirect investments in real estate assets.
He also regularly counsels pro bono clients on general real estate matters, including leasing. Serhat joined Debevoise in 2015. He received his J.D. magna cum laude from The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law in 2006, where he was a member of the Catholic University Law Review and the Jessup International Moot Court.
Serhat received an M.A. on Peace Studies from University of Notre Dame and his B.A. from Koc University in Istanbul. Prior to law school, Serhat taught political science and international relations. He is fluent in Turkish.
- Jackson National Life Insurance in its agreements to reinsure John Hancock Life Insurance’s Group Payout Annuity business.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Electrical Components International, the world’s leading manufacturer of wire harnesses, control boxes and value-added assembly services, from KPS Capital Partners.
- Rockwood Capital in the origination of two mezzanine loans secured, indirectly, by two hotels located in New York City.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in a construction loan secured by 222 Second Avenue South in the SoBro (South of Broadway) submarket of downtown Nashville, TN.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority interest in American Greetings.
A family office in its preferred equity investment in the development of two residential towers located in New York City.
- Westfield in the company’s $24.7 billion sale to Unibail-Rodamco, Europe’s largest listed commercial property company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- Hertz in its $2.5 billion spin-off of its equipment and rental business.
- International Paper in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2006, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, 2002, M.A.
- Istanbul Koc University, 2000, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$