Seth Kossman is a shareholder in the Firm’s Tax Group, focusing his practice in the areas of tax controversy and tax compliance matters. He heads the Firm’s Tax Controversy Subgroup, leading a team of more than 20 attorneys who spend a significant part of their practice in this area.
Mr. Kossman represents a diverse group of the Firm’s clients on tax planning, federal and state tax controversy, tax compliance and transactional matters. His clients include corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individuals.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Kossman was a member of the tax practice of a national accounting firm and is a certified public accountant.
Mr. Kossman’s practice involves many aspects of tax-related issues, including income taxes, employment taxes, sales and use taxes, excise taxes, Trust Fund Recovery Penalties, wage and bank levies, tax liens, penalty abatements, offers-in-compromise and installment agreements.
He is experienced with examination, appellate and collection-related matters. Mr. Kossman also represents his clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Tax Court and the Comptroller of Maryland.
- University of Baltimore, LL.M. in Taxation, 2006
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 2001, with honors
- Ner Israel Rabbinical College, B.A., 1997
- Maryland, 2001
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Tax Court
- Assisting U.S. clients with foreign bank accounts to become compliant with the IRS through the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program. Recently spent time in Israel advising clients on OVDP.
- Having IRS tax liens withdrawn through the IRS “Fresh Start Program,” helping clients improve their credit ratings.
- Counseling businesses in expanding and developing successful tax strategies to maximize business opportunity and improve internal operations.
- Assisting clients to successfully satisfy their tax debt in a way they can manage via the IRS’ “Offer and Compromise” program or “Installment Agreements.”
- Successfully representing clients through the audit process with the federal or state taxing authorities to bring about a prompt satisfactory resolution.
- Assisting businesses with state and federal payroll issues and specifically resolving clients’ personal liability for the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty.
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Maryland State Bar Association
Rate : $$$