Seth Popick focuses his practice on corporate finance and governance matters for emerging and mature companies. His experience includes representation of technology and life sciences companies in venture financing transactions, public offerings, and acquisitions.
He also works with companies on employee compensation matters and commercial transactions. Prior to moving to Pittsburgh, Seth worked at a Silicon Valley law firm. Seth earned a B.S. in industrial and labor relations from Cornell University and a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center.
While in law school, Seth was a legal student observer at the Office of the Inspector General where he conducted witness interviews with the Inspector General and conducted legal research for internal investigations.
He also served as a legal intern for the competition (antitrust) team for Google Inc. during a summer internship, where he researched antitrust cases and analyzed data used by competition team attorneys.
- Represented Life On Air, Inc., creators of the mobile application Meerkat, in a $14 million financing round.
- Represented a peer-to-peer Bitcoin lending platform in Series Seed Preferred Stock and Series A Preferred Stock venture financings, and provided advice and counsel regarding compliance with federal securities regulatory matters.
- Represented a video technology development and distribution company in a Series A Preferred Stock venture financing.
- Represented the creator of a cloud software subscription management tool in a Series Seed-1 Preferred Stock venture financing.
- Represented peer-to-peer lending trailblazer, LendingClub Corporation, in its $1 billion initial public offering of Common Stock.
- Represented Castlight Health, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise healthcare cloud software, in its initial public offering of Class B Common Stock.
- Represented Adesto Technologies Corporation, Inc., a leading provider of application-specific, feature-rich, ultra-low power nonvolatile memory products, in its initial public offering of common stock.
- Represented Amyris, Inc., an industrial bioscience company, in its offering of $57.6 million aggregate principal amount of its 9.5 percent Convertible Senior Notes.
- Represented EvolveIP, LLC, a Pennsylvania-based cloud computing company, in its acquisition of Mtel B.V. and Mtel GmbH, cloud communications services providers of contact centers, IP phone systems, and business collaboration tools based in the Netherlands and Germany.
- Represented an outdoor sports technology company in connection with a Series Seed-1 venture financing and a Series A Preferred Stock financing.
- Represented an insurance and reinsurance brokerage company in the sale of its renewal rights and associated assets of a professional liability insurance program business to a provider of specialty insurance products.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Cornell University, B.S., 2007
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; California
Rate : $$$