Shannon C. Baxter is a member of Dentons’ Banking and Finance practice and focuses on the representation of creditors and borrowers in financing transactions. Her clients include large US and non-US banks, finance companies, private equity and hedge funds, and public and private companies.
Her experience includes secured and unsecured credit facilities, bankruptcies, reorganizations and workouts, cross-border transactions, acquisition, recapitalization and other leveraged financings, and facilities structured to comply with Shari’ah law.
She has substantial knowledge of syndicated transactions, first lien/second lien, mezzanine and subordinated debt facilities, subscription lines of credit, and asset-based financings. Shannon has closed transactions in a variety of industries, including aerospace, distribution, energy, food and agribusiness, gaming, health care, manufacturing, retail, service, sports, technology, and telecommunications.
During law school at the University of Georgia School of Law, Shannon was elected to the Order of the Coif, received the 1994 Southeastern Bankruptcy Scholarship and served as executive notes editor of The Journal of Intellectual Property Law.
Shannon was selected by her peers as a member of Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite in the Bankruptcy/Creditors’ Rights category in 2012 and 2013.
- University of Georgia School of Law, 1996, JD, cum laude
- University of Virginia, 1992, BA
Admissions and qualifications : Georgia
Community Involvement and Pro Bono:
- Atlanta Women’s Foundation
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- OnBoard, Member
- Emory School of Law, Adjunct Professor of Commercial Loan Transactions
- Association of Corporate Growth
- Commercial Finance Association
- Women’s Finance Exchange
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Georgia Network
Rate : $$$$