Siobhan M. Sweeney defends businesses in employment and labor litigation, conducts sensitive investigations, and provides legal counsel and advice on all aspects of the employment relationship.
Siobhan’s litigation practice includes first and second chair trial experience, defense of employers in state and federal courts, agencies and arbitral forums throughout the Northeast and Midwest regions including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Department of Labor (DOL), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Her experience includes defense of claims for violation of laws related to:
- Whistleblower and retaliation
- Contract and quasi-contract
- Leaves and accommodations
- Employment torts
Siobhan provides practical and business-focused advice to employers on a wide variety of workplace issues, including leaves of absence, accommodations, employee discipline and discharge, employment and separation agreements, hiring, employment policies and handbooks, internal investigations and compliance.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1992
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1988
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, appointed since 2010, Massachusetts State Advisory Committee to the U.S. Civil Rights Commission
Rate : $$$