Sonya Goodwin counsels clients on a wide range of labor and employment matters, including but not limited to wage and hour class actions, FEHA claims and whistleblower claims in federal and state court, as well as arbitration.
Sonya has defended employers in state and federal court against allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and breach of contract.
She prepares responses to EEOC and DFEH administrative charges and has also represented employers in wage disputes involving the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Sonya also has extensive experience defending employers in complex wage and hour litigation, including defending against overtime, meal and rest break, minimum wage, off-the-clock, misclassification and wage statement claims.
- Defended national gourmet food supplier in wage and hour putative class action and PAGA action involving alleged violations of minimum wage, overtime, and meal and rest break laws.
- Defended national self-storage company in multiple matters involving alleged discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination.
- Defended national grocery chain in multi-plaintiff action involving alleged misclassification of assistant managers.
- Defended employers in various single-plaintiff discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination cases.
- Advises clients on employment matters including but not limited to paid sick leave laws, workforce reductions, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, investigations into discrimination and harassment complaints, and compliance with California wage and hour laws.
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2011
- BA, History and International Studies, University of California, San Diego, 2008
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, California State Bar, Labor and Employment Section
Rate : $$$$