Soonwuk (Tony) Cheong focuses on IP consulting, patent preparation and prosecution. He has advised global corporations, research institutes, and start-ups in industries including electronics, energy, automotive, mining, and heavy machinery on intellectual property portfolio management, R&D mapping, and technology transfer.
Tony has prosecuted numerous U.S. and international patent applications for world class institutes in US, Europe and Asia. In addition to his IP experience, Tony draws upon years of research experience, where he managed projects in aerospace, automotive, data storage and solar technology at Alcoa Inc.
He worked with NASA in Ares Launch Vehicles Program and was also a visiting scholar at Wright Patterson Air Force Research Lab (AFRL). He is an inventor, author and coauthor of publications in peer-reviewed journals such as Acta Materialia, Scripta Materialia and The Journal of Applied Physics.
- Drafts and prosecutes patent applications in solid mechanics, inorganic materials, electromagnetic materials, semiconductors, light emission device, energy storage system and nanotechnology.
- Provides advice on R&D and IP strategy in a range of industries, such as optical, photonic, and optoelectronic; semiconductors; renewable energy; metals and metallurgy; ceramics; and biomedical devices.
- Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society)
- The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS)
- The Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA)
- Ph.D., Materials Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- J.D., University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law
- M.S., Materials and Mechanics, Michigan State University
- B.S., Metallurgical Engineering, Yonsei University
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 62,793
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$