T. Spencer Crowley’s practice focuses on large scale land use and environmental permitting matters, including zoning, growth management, urban development, transportation, sovereignty submerged lands, coastal regulation, marina permitting, wetlands, and water resources.
He has worked with the Governor’s Commission for a Sustainable South Florida, the South Florida Water Management District, and Duke University’s Wetlands Center in the Florida Everglades. He has assisted clients in the land use permitting of major projects such as the Babcock Ranch, Midtown Miami, Village at Gulfstream Park, Miami World Center and Brickell City Centre.
In addition to his private practice, Spencer has served on several waterfront boards. In 2008, County Commissioner Carlos Gimenez appointed Spencer to the committee charged with reviewing and recommending changes to Miami-Dade County’s Manatee Protection Plan.
In 2007, Spencer was appointed to serve as Miami-Dade County Commissioner for the Florida Inland Navigational District, and he was reappointed for an additional 4-year term by Governor Rick Scott in 2012. In 2005, Miami Mayor Manny Diaz appointed Spencer to the City of Miami’s Waterfront Advisory Board where he served as chair.
Spencer holds an undergraduate degree from Duke University, a Masters degree from the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, and JD and MBA from the University of Florida where he served on the Florida Law Review and the Environmental Moot Court team.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2001, Certificate in Environmental and Land Use Law
- M.B.A., University of Florida, 2001, Specialization in Real Estate and Urban Analysis
- M.A., University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, 1998
- A.B., Duke University, Environmental Science and Policy, Geology, 1996
Bar Admissions : Florida
Professional Experience :
- South Florida Water Management District
- Governor’s Commission for a Sustainable South Florida
- Duke University Wetlands Center, Florida Everglades
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, New World Center Committee, Vice Chairman, 2011-2012, Chairman, 2012-2014
- Florida Inland Navigation District, Appointed as the Miami-Dade County Representative, Commissioner
- City of Miami Waterfront Advisory Board, Appointed by Mayor Manny Diaz, Past Chair
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Program Committee, Member
- Duke University Alumni Admissions Committee, Member
- University of Florida, Law Alumni Council, Member
- Duke University Nicholas School of the Environment, Advisory Board Member
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section, Member
- Plymouth Congregational Church, Board of Trustees
- Key Biscayne Key Rats Pee-Wee Football Team, Assistant Coach
Rate : $$$