Stacey R. Eisenstein has successfully litigated numerous complex cases in federal and state courts. She regularly represents employers in high-profile and significant arbitrations involving contract and labor disputes.Stacey’s clients include employers in the retail, technology and professional sports industries. She counsels them on a variety of employment-related matters, including:
- Wage and hour matters
- Employment agreements and policies
- Leave and disability laws
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Discrimination and harassment issues
- Reductions in workforce.
- Also handles high-profile arbitrations.
- Represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
- Has successfully litigated complex cases in federal and state court.
- In a case that garnered significant attention throughout major professional sports leagues, obtained orders from an arbitrator and a federal court in California requiring a retired professional athlete to withdraw his claim for workers’ compensation filed under California state law in favor of the law of the state where his team was located.
- Won a dismissal of a grievance challenging a professional sports team’s decision to cut a former player who had violated the league’s drug policy.
- Obtained a dismissal of a player’s claim that his team’s medical staff had failed to provide adequate warning of his medical condition.
- Successfully defended a professional sports league in federal court to obtain summary judgment in a player’s challenge to an arbitration award upholding his suspension for violation of the league’s antidoping policy.
- Defeated a claim that teams in a professional sports league were required to pay player medical insurance costs during a lockout of the players.
- Member, Sports Lawyer Association.
- Adjunct professor, Georgetown University’s Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management Program, teaching sports law, contracts and negotiation.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2000
- B.A., Emory University, 1995
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$