Stella Lane’s practice focuses on complex insurance coverage, litigation and counseling. She represents and advises admitted and surplus lines insurers regarding various complex first-party and third-party coverage and defense matters including claims involving bad faith, catastrophes (hurricanes), fraud, theft, vandalism, business interruption, condominium losses, collapse, appraisal, assault and battery, wrongful death, negligence, intentional acts, motor and rescission.
She also specializes in advising and defending surplus lines insurers and managing general agents regarding application of Florida’s insurance statutes to surplus lines insurers.
Prior to joining Phelps Dunbar, Ms. Lane served in the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps, where, among other duties, she served as the Senior Prosecutor for offices in Yokosuka, Japan and Mayport, Florida. She currently serves as a member of the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., 1999
- University of Southern California, B.A., cum laude, in Broadcast Journalism, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- The Florida Bar
- The State Bar of California
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Rate : $$$