Stephanie Cagniart represents clients at the trial and appellate level in a broad range of complex litigation matters, including securities litigation, oil and gas matters, contract disputes and general commercial litigation. She has experience in a variety of state and federal courts, and has argued cases before multiple courts of appeals including the Texas Supreme Court and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Sixth Circuits.
Before joining Baker Botts, Ms. Cagniart served as a law clerk to the Honorable Patrick E. Higgin botham on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and as an intern for the Honorable Sam Sparks of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Ms. Cagniart was also a member of the University of Virginia’s Supreme Court Litigation Clinic, with which she briefed four cases that were argued before the United States Supreme Court during the 2010-2011 Term.
Ms. Cagniart was raised in Paris, France, and is a native speaker of both French and English. As an undergraduate student at the University of Texas at Austin, she earned four national championships in public speaking.
Ms. Cagniart completed her Master’s Thesis in legal and political history, Disunion and Party Politics in the Early Republic: James Madison, the Embargo, and the Election of 1808, under advisors Peter Onuf and Charles McCurdy at the University of Virginia.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law 2011
- Supreme Court Litigation Clinic
- M.A., History, University of Virginia 2011
- B.A., The University of Texas
Admission & Affiliations :
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Austin Bar Association, Foundation Fellow
- Austin Symphony Orchestra, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$