Stephen D. Peterson represents clients with a wide range of real estate needs, with an emphasis on capital providers involved in real estate projects. He has assisted international investment funds, REITs, private equity firms and other providers of capital in creating varied investment structures tailored to meet each client’s distinct needs.
Steve has been with McGuireWoods since 1999, where his practice has included the full life cycle of commercial real estate development, including land acquisition, construction, leasing, finance and disposition. Steve also represents owners of stabilized real estate projects in refinancing, leasing, creation of easements, condemnations and other real property needs.
- Representation of a private equity group in the creation of a preferred equity program for investment in student housing projects.
- Representation of a Munich-based investment fund in the creation of joint ventures with U.S. developers for retail and multifamily projects nationwide.
- Represented mezzanine lender in the funding of financing associated with multifamily projects located in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina and Texas.
- Represented national retailer in the acquisition of land and development of an 800,000 square foot warehouse and distribution center located in Jefferson, Georgia, including the negotiation of state and local public incentives
- Represented real estate company in its acquisition, leasing, refinance and sale of approximately 20 shopping centers located throughout the U.S. sunbelt.
- Represented a South African corporation in its acquisition and finance of an office building located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 1994
- King College, BA, summa cum laude, 1991
Admissions : Georgia
Affiliations : Member, State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$