Steve Carrington practices in the area of corporate transactions, focusing on complex technology transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital deals. He advises clients on technology matters including business process outsourcing, information technology outsourcing, software and intellectual property licensing, procurement and joint ventures.
He has experience with a variety of transactional deals including asset purchase transactions, stock purchase transactions and commercial financing arrangements. He also focuses on startup and venture capital transactions that include raising capital, convertible stock issuance, corporate governance and debt financing.
His work with startups starts at the early stage of company formation and initial seed financing continues through subsequent rounds of financing and eventually exit. Steve attended the University of Chicago Law School where he participated in the first class of the Doctoroff Business Leadership Program.
The Doctoroff program gave Steve the opportunity to work with incubators, startups and venture capital groups around Chicago. Steve received his B.S. in mechanical engineering, with Highest Honors, and worked with various companies to develop new products in the electronics and materials industries.
- Representation of a food and beverage company in connection with a $100m+ information technology (end user and data center) outsourcing transaction.
- Representation of the producer of several well-known consumer beverage brands in a $30m+ application services (maintenance and development) outsourcing transaction.
- Representation of a large US-based company in connection with the development of a new online service and resale program.
- Representation of a life insurance company in a business process outsourcing transaction related to new product development and administration services.
- Representation of a leading provider of professional staffing services in its acquisition of a technology consulting firm.
- Representation of a German-based global quality and safety services company in its acquisition, through its U.S. subsidiary, of a products and testing services company in the medical device industry.
- Representation of Agent in connection with a working capital facility for a media conglomerate involving an extensive trademark and copyright portfolio.
- Representation of Agent in acquisition financing including term and revolving loan facilities in the oil and gas industry.
- The University of Chicago Law School, JD, 2016
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS, with Highest Honors, 2013
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$$