Steven K. Bender’s practice includes all aspects of complex commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, development, financing, leasing, and disposition of heavy industrial, commercial, and office properties. For the last twenty years, Steve Bender has focused his practice on the acquisition, development, financing and operation of energy projects, including electric power plant projects throughout the United States.
As part of that work, a significant segment of his practice includes the acquisition and development of electric transmission, natural gas and water line right-of-ways for supplying and interconnecting projects. He has been recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer in Atlanta magazine six times.
- Emory University School of Law, 1991, LL.M., Taxation
- Mercer University (School of Law), 1982, JD, magna cum laude
- Mercer University, 1979, BA, cum laude
Admissions and qualifications : Georgia
- Acquisition and financing of 22 Story Assisted Living Facility located in Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia
- Lease of 225,000 square feet of office space for Home Depot U.S.A., Inc
- Acquisition and financing of Southern Company Center Office Tower in downtown Atlanta, Georgia
- Sale of 34-acre headquarters campus by Atlanta Gas Light Company, a public utility
- Acquisition, financing and redevelopment of 260 Peachtree Street Office Tower in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented United Parcel Service in connection with the real estate aspects of the relocation of their world headquarters from Greenwich, Connecticut, to Atlanta, Georgia
- Imperial Solar Energy Center West: 1,100-acre photovoltaic solar project located in Imperial County, California
- Currently working on additional utility scale photovoltaic solar projects that have not yet been publicly announced
- Trailblazer Energy Center: Acquisition of 2,000 acres of land for 765 megawatts (MW) gross and 600 MW net Clean Coal project using best available supercritical steam, pulverized coal technology, including the capture 85 to 90 percent of the carbon dioxide produced by combustion
- Acquisition, development and financing of 885 megawatt Combined-Cycle Facility in Scottsville, Virginia and related 14-mile water supply pipeline
- Acquisition, development and financing of 900 megawatt peaking facility in west Georgia
- Acquisition of 315 megawatt simple-cycle power plant located on the Delmarva Peninsula
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
Rate : $$$