Steven Chasin is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Washington, DC office. Before joining the Firm, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Valerie Baker Fairbank, federal district court judge for the Central District of California, in Los Angeles. Steven is a certified public accountant (inactive), and worked at a Big Six public accounting firm before law school.
Steven focuses on federal court litigation. He has substantial experience representing plaintiffs in regulatory disputes under the Administrative Procedure Act, including successful appellate representation at the D.C. Circuit.
He has successfully litigated Freedom of Information Act claims, and also represents plaintiffs suing federal agency officers for constitutional torts in the operation of federal programs.
He also has extensive cross-border commercial litigation experience, including debtor-creditor, securities, and breach of contract cases. Recently, for instance, in the District of Hawaii, he litigated breach of contract and indemnification claims governed entirely under Korean law.
- University of California at Los Angeles (J.D. Order of the Coif) (2003)
- University of Washington (B.A. Japanese Language & Literature) (1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2010)
- District of Columbia~United States (2006)
Rate : $$$