Susan P. Serota, former practice leader of Pillsbury’s Executive Compensation & Benefits practice, is consistently recognized in Chambers USA, The Legal 500 U.S. and Best Lawyers.
Based in New York and Washington DC, Susan represents a global clientele, including government entities, on employee benefits, global equity programs, pensions, deferred compensation and stock option programs, senior executives’ employment/compensation arrangements and ERISA fiduciary matters.
Susan also advises on employee benefit aspects of cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, welfare plans and securities law matters. She is a former chair of the American Bar Association Section of Taxation.
- Member of the Bloomberg BNA Compensation Planning Advisory Board, 2017
- Treasurer and Director, American Tax Policy Institute 2008–present
- Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel, 1996–present, Regent for Second Circuit, 2000–2005
- Delegate, National Summit on Retirement Savings, 1998 and 2002
- ABA—Chair, Joint Committee on Employee Benefits, 1988–1989.
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, Securities Law Committee, 2001–present.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1971
- A.B., University of Michigan, 1967
ADMISSIONS : New York, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$