Susanne L. Flanders is a patent litigator whose practice focuses on biotechnology, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. She has extensive experience litigating Hatch-Waxman cases in district courts across the country. She also has experience with contested proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Susanne’s work has involved technologies such as treatments for kidney disease, Alzheimer’s disease, psoriasis, and various types of cancer, including colorectal cancer, pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, breast cancer, and renal cell carcinoma. Before joining Venable, Susanne spent her entire career at the IP boutique firm Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto.
- Represented Novartis against Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc., West-Ward Pharmaceuticals and Par Pharmaceutical on patents related to Zortress® (everolimus), a drug used to treat kidney and liver transplant patients. (D. Del., Fed. Cir., PTAB-IPR)
- Represented Novartis against Par Pharmaceutical on patents related to Afinitor® (everolimus), a drug used for the treatment of breast cancer. (D. Del.)
- Represented Novartis against Mylan Pharmaceuticals on patents related to Afinitor® Disperz (everolimus), a drug used for the treatment of tuberous sclerosis complex with subependymal giant cell astrocytoma. (D. Del.)
- Represented Genzyme against Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. et al. on patents related to Hectorol®, a vitamin D analog used in the treatment of dialysis patients. (D. Del.)
- Represented LEO Pharma against Tolmar Inc. and Perrigo Inc. on patents related to Taclonex®, a topical anti-psoriatic medication. (D. Del.)
- J.D. magna cum laude Brooklyn Law School 2008
- B.S. Villanova University 2002
Bar Admissions :
- New York 2010
- New Jersey 2008
Community : Represented clients in a variety of matters, including claims pertaining to unlawful discriminatory practices and unlawful retaliation under New York City and New York State human rights and corrections laws.
Rate : $$$$