Taila L. Martin is an experienced associate, helping lenders and investors navigate the complex and ever-changing world of real estate. Taila regularly represents regional and national commercial banks, insurance companies and other corporate clients in all aspects of commercial real estate finance.
Her experience focuses on mortgage and mezzanine financing, joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, construction and real estate finance loan workouts and restructuring.
Her experience includes transactions with a wide variety of real estate assets, including office parks and buildings, hotels, shopping centers, multi-family apartment complexes, skilled nursing facilities and other healthcare assets.
Additionally, Taila has experience representing clients in public finance and tax-exempt bond matters.
- Represented senior mortgage lender with respect to financing the construction of a hotel on a ground leased property in midtown Manhattan.
- Represented a mezzanine lender indirectly secured by a multi-state multi-family portfolio with senior debt closing simultaneously.
- Represented a national commercial bank in two approx. $45 million construction loans to same developer (partially funded through JV with a global REIT), each used for the development of independent multi-family rental developments on adjacent properties in Brooklyn.
- Represented a national commercial bank in its construction loan to an SPE controlled by a REIT, the proceeds of which were used to construct 2 hotels in Massachusetts.
- Represented a regional bank in its $58 million loan to finance the acquisition of a retail development, including future advances for TI/LCs and detailed leasing terms and conditions.
- Represented a national life insurance company in its $161 million refinance of a hotel/condo property in New York City.
- Represented a nationally recognized bank in its participation in a $68 million loan for the acquisition and renovation of real estate and formation of a commercial condominium shopping plaza in Throggs Neck.
- Represented national commercial bank in its $51 million construction loan to JV between an equity partner and developer, the proceeds of which were used to develop high-end condominiums on Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- Represented a national commercial bank in its $45 million participation in $140 million loan refinance of tenanted office and laboratory development in Texas.
- Represented a nationally-recognized bank in their multi-faceted financing role for Teachers Village (Newark, NJ) in a qualified school construction bond and new markets tax credit transaction, including representing the bank as bond purchaser, bridge lender, escrow agent and administrative agent.
- Represented a regional bank in its role as administrative agent and lender in a $50 million refinance and debt restructure in connection with a loan to an entity emerging from bankruptcy, which loan was used to repay creditors and secured by a mortgage.
- JD, Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, 2011
- BS, Canisius College, 2006
- New York
- New Jersey
Rate : $$$