Tedd J. Kochman has spent his entire legal career as a management-side labor and employment law practitioner, representing both large and small companies in connection with a wide array of labor and employment matters.
His practice encompasses all aspects of traditional labor law, day-to-day employment law and human resources counseling, handling workplace training activities and compliance, and involvement with employment discrimination litigation.
By way of example, in his traditional labor law practice, he handles :
- All aspects of defending against union organizing drives, including representation elections and proceedings
- All aspects of practice/procedures before the National Labor Relations Board, including unfair labor practice matters
- Labor arbitrations and mediations
- Strategizing and devising long-term labor strategies for union and non-union enterprises
- Addressing and implementing reductions-in-force, successorship issues, related corporate restructuring matters, and double-breasting of operations and other such issues.
Additionally, Tedd is an active speaker throughout the New York-New Jersey Tri-State area and provides workplace training on topics such as workplace compliance, anti-harassment; union avoidance; employment law standards, and wage and hour audits.
Tedd serves on Littler Mendelson’s National Diversity Council. Prior to joining private practice, Tedd was a legal clerk to National Labor Relations Board member, Charles I. Cohen, in Washington, D.C. In law school, he was a member and articles editor of Georgetown University’s American Criminal Law Review. He also was a member of Georgetown Law’s Clinical Program.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1995
- B.A., Emory University, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Section, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, NLRB (Region 22) Conference Planning Committee, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Former Chair, Department of Labor, New Jersey Employer’s Council, Passaic County
- Former Vice-Chair, Labor and Employment Committee, Essex County Bar Association
Rate : $$$