Thomas P. Battistoni is a respected attorney with extensive experience prosecuting claims and defending clients in commercial and real estate disputes. He represents Fortune 100 companies, financial institutions and corporate officers in litigations in federal, state and bankruptcy courts.
He also resolves issues through arbitrations and mediations in alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Tom delivers to clients what is most important to them: results. He is practical, flexible and uses sound business judgment. He uses insight and experience to resolve disputes effectively while avoiding unnecessary expense and delays.
Tom works to protect clients’ business interests and win cases involving the ownership, development and disposition of real estate. He handles contract and class actions, as well as unfair competition cases and fraud claims.
Tom is a former Assistant U.S. Attorney who tried cases to judgment in Federal Court and was promoted to deputy division chief.
- Obtained an injunction for an advertising client that prevented the removal of a prominent billboard for the Broadway show “Wicked” on the Westside Highway leading into Manhattan. The landlord and billboard company tried to remove the sign before the lease expired, claiming it violated the applicable zoning provisions for large signs on top of buildings and may cause them to incur fines. Convinced the judge that taking down the sign in October, just prior to the start of the highest-earning holiday season, would suggest the show was closing.
- Won a JAMS arbitration for a client that sold a scaffolding business to buyers who later claimed they were disappointed with their $5.5 million purchase. The buyer made the initial down payment, several installment payments and then stopped payments altogether. The arbitrator awarded the client approximately $1.5 million in damages, plus attorneys’ fees and costs.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Princeton University, M.P.A., 1979
- University of Missouri, B.A., 1975
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Section of Dispute Resolution
- Federal Bar Council
- New York State Bar Association, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, Committee on Bankruptcy Litigation, Dispute Resolution Section
Rate : $$$$