Thomas J. Francella has practiced bankruptcy law for more than 16 years representing corporate debtors, trusts, plan administrators, creditors, and creditors’ committees in various Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and related federal and state court litigation matters. Thomas also represents corporate clients in complex civil litigation and commercial real estate matters.
Thomas has represented Chapter 11 debtors in numerous Chapter 11 cases, including: NNN 400 Capitol Center LLC, Gourmet Express Acquisition Fund, LLC, LSP Energy Limited Partnership, Pipeline Data, Inc., Durable Manufacturing Company, Linden Ponds, Inc., Southfield Office Building, and Monarch Landing, Inc.
Thomas has also advised creditors’ committees, creditors, trustees, landlords, and other parties in interest in various large Chapter 11 cases, including: Tidewater, Inc., TK Holdings, Inc., Prestige Industries LLC, Charming Charlie Holdings Inc., American Apparel Inc., and Southeastern Grocers, LLC.
Prior to joining Cozen O’Connor Thomas was a partner in the Wilmington office of a northeastern-based law firm. He was a member of the firm’s Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy practice. Thomas earned his undergraduate degree from West Chester University and his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1998
- West Chester U. of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1992
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida; Delaware
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Delaware
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Florida
- Delaware Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Delaware Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Member
Rate : $$$$