Thomas G. Collins has 20 years of experience representing management clients in all aspects of labor and employment law. Tom has a broad range of clients from small to larger businesses, including companies with multi-state operations. Tom has handled class and other litigation matters for those clients in multiple jurisdictions.
Tom defends clients in all types of industries, including manufacturing, transportation, utilities and health care, and his practice ranges from proactive counseling and training to litigation in federal and state courts and administrative agencies. Tom also has experience in handling employee benefit matters under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), including benefit claim and fiduciary litigation matters.
Tom assists clients with:
- Administrative charges/state and federal litigations involving race, gender, age, disability and national origin discrimination;
- United States Department of Labor (DOL) audits and wage claims;
- Arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and other venues;
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) litigation;
- Wage and hour class and collective actions in multiple state and federal venues;
Tom is a frequent speaker on those and other topics. He also drafts and reviews employer policies and employment and severance agreements for clients spanning numerous industries. Tom is a co-chair of the firm’s Associates Committee, which plays a key role in developing associates and senior attorneys in the firm, and serves on the Executive Committee of the firm’s Labor & Employment Section.
- The Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1992, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$$