Since graduation from law school in 1996, Mr. Thomas Wybenga’s practice has focused exclusively on employment law. He joined Seyfarth Shaw’s Labor & Employment Practice Group in 2001 within the Firm’s Atlanta office, later moving to Seattle for a long-term assignment serving a major national client.
Mr. Wybenga litigates federal and state employment cases (single-plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class/complex actions), typically involving the defense of claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and various other statutory and common law causes of action.
Mr. Wybenga also manages federal, state, and local agency charges and provides advice and counseling regarding the broad spectrum of legal issues arising in the workplace.
- J.D., The Ohio State University College of Law (1996)
- Recipient of U.S. Department of Education FLAS Fellowship to the Universiteit van Amsterdam;
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Civil Law Practicum and European Union Law
- B.A., Calvin College (1989)
- Dean’s List 1985-89; Awarded Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal from Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Calvin College, Board of Trustees
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF, Seattle Guild), Board of Trustees
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Trustee (2008-2014) and Corporate Council
Rate : $$$