2nd Avenue 1000Seattle 98104 WA US
Thomas Leslie Gilman works at Barrett & Gilman Attornaey at LAW.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden, New Jersey, 1978
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Seattle-King County Bar Association
- Washington, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2001
Representative Litigation Matters:
- In re Michael R. Mastro
- Represented one of three under-secured creditors in filing the largest involuntary Chapter 7 proceeding in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington. The debtor eventually stipulated to the entry of an order of relief.
- Kalama Chemical v. Tenneco Chemicals et al
- Responsible for all aspects of discovery, motions practice and trial preparation for claim for contribution for environmental remediation costs against former owner of chemical plant in New Jersey and against insurers for first party property damage claims, leading to eight-figure settlement for the client’s benefit.
- Funsters Casino
- Represented one of several investors in a failing casino. Negotiated DIP financing for Chapter 11 proceeding. Obtained partial release of collateral securing $6 million in defaulted business loans. Defended against three multi-million dollar lender actions on personal guarantees. Pursued contribution claims against co-investors on guaranteed obligations. Pursued to judgment $400,000 fraud claim against casino promoters while obtaining a defense verdict on multi-million dollar contribution claims from promoters.
- Construction Firm Dissolution
- Represented managing partner in construction partnership dissolution and litigation. Successfully defended preliminary motions to appoint receiver and/or new managing partner. Negotiated partnership dissolution and interim distribution of assets to partners. Defended in arbitration subsequent partnership accounting and breach of fiduciary duty claims exceeding $3 million and dating back twenty years.
- Wrongful Death – King County
- Pursued to settlement wrongful death claim against King County occasioned by decision of King County mental health professionals to release individual who shortly thereafter committed murder and who pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
Rate : $$$$