Timothy B. Heafner represents a broad range of clients in the sports and entertainment industries, as well as other Fortune 500 companies, in complex litigation matters. Timothy has advised clients ranging from boxing promoters and superstars; to motion picture, media entertainment companies; to land development companies; to non-profit organizations in a variety of disputes, including matters in connection with breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, and copyright issues.
- Represented boxing promoter Top Rank, Inc., and Manny Pacquiao in various matters, including Pacquiao’s “Fight of the Century” against Floyd Mayweather, as well as in disputes ranging from breach of contract to defamation to tortious interference, to copyright disputes.
- Represented Fortune 500 land development company, Lennar Corp., in multiple matters and was part of the trial team that won a US$1 billion jury verdict in Florida.
- Representing a major motion picture company in a copyright and breach of contract action involving merchandising rights issues.
- Represented a non-profit organization founded by a star NFL quarterback in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty action brought against the organization’s former marketing company.
- Represented a major media entertainment company in a “vertical integration” and breach of contract action involving a long-running television show.
- Represented the creators of the multibillion-dollar video game franchises Call of Duty and Modern Warfare in a lawsuit against a videogame publisher for breach of contract, wrongful termination, and fraud related to nonpayment of bonuses and unauthorized development of sequels and other games.
- Loyola Law School, J.D.: magna cum laude; Sayer MacNeil Scholar; Order of the Coif; Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- Loyola Marymount University, B.B.A.: magna cum laude
- Honorable Sandra Ikuta, United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$