Timothy Wagner is an associate in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office. Mr. Wagner represents corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individuals in foreign tax compliance and off-shore voluntary disclosure matters, IRS audits, excise tax issues, tax fraud cases, business organizations and corporate structures, and federal and state tax collection matters.
As a certified public accountant and former tax consultant, Mr. Wagner is experienced in handling tax controversy matters involving the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Justice. He handles IRS audit and collection cases and provides counsel in criminal tax cases involving various white collar criminal matters.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2015
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 2013, summa cum laude
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 2004
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Represented a NASA subcontractor in a Maryland sales tax appeal resulting in a reduction of assessed sales tax of over $300,000.
- Secured “non-willful” treatment for several clients in the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program.
- Advised a business client on a shareholder buyout transaction to obtain favorable tax results regarding non-compete agreements.
- Successfully negotiated payment agreements with the IRS in related cases involving millions of dollars to employment taxes owed without the filing of Federal Tax Liens or personal assessments of Trust Fund penalties.
- Obtained summary judgment in Maryland Tax Court on a case involving tax overpayments beyond the refund statute of limitations to be applied against tax assessments under the Doctrine of Equitable Recoupment.
- Member – American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member – Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Directors, Treasurer – Public Justice Center (2013 – 2016)
- Instructor – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), United States Military (2012 – 2013)
Rate : $$$$