Todd S. Mikolop, a former environmental crimes prosecutor for the US Department of Justice, advises and defends clients in internal investigations and environmental enforcement actions.
Clients faced with crisis situations turn to Todd for advice. His extensive government experience from previous roles, as a federal prosecutor in the US Department of Justice and as a judge advocate in the US Coast Guard, prove invaluable when conducting internal investigations and defending enforcement actions for companies facing allegations of wrong doing or potential violations of federal law.
With his depth of experience across a broad range of industries and issues, he is well-suited to counsel clients facing a wide array of environmental challenges. In private practice, Todd has led internal investigations and the defense of companies across numerous industries, including oil and gas, heavy equipment manufacturing, manufacturing involving the use of pesticides,public utilities and food wholesalers.
Todd has successfully represented corporate clients in all levels of federal environmental enforcement, including administrative, civil judicial, and criminal proceedings. As a federal prosecutor, Todd led investigations and prosecutions of complex environmental cases, including those involving water pollution, air pollution, hazardous waste and wildlife, and white collar crime offenses alleging conspiracy, false statements, obstruction, money laundering and smuggling.
Todd’s insight into myriad processes, risks, issues and strategies allows him to develop a tailored solution to fit any given situation.
Todd is admitted to practice before the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Massachusetts and District of Columbia courts.
- JD, Master of Studies, Environmental Law, Vermont Law School, 2000
- BA, Administration of Justice and Politics, Salve Regina University, 1997
- District of Columbia
- Trial Attorney, Environmental Crimes Section, US Department of Justice
- Deputy Legal Officer, Thirteenth Coast Guard District
- Special Assistant US Attorney, District of Alaska
- Staff Attorney, US Coast Guard, Office of Legislation
- Staff Attorney, US Coast Guard, Office of Maritime & International Law
Rate : $$$