Tonia Ouellette Klausner is a partner in the litigation department of the firm’s New York office. She is an experienced litigator and trial attorney in both federal and state courts who regularly defends companies in matters involving privacy, marketing, and internet-related issues. Tonia has significant experience defending consumer class actions, including dozens of Telephone Consumer Protection Act cases.
Tonia also regularly counsels companies regarding marketing, internet, and privacy matters, including issues pertaining to the collection, use, and sharing of online and mobile data, communications privacy and marketing laws, online lead generation, data breach incidents, and government subpoenas and investigations. The International Association of Privacy Professionals has designated Tonia as a Certified Information Privacy Professional.
Tonia served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard D. Cardamone, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Prior to joining Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Tonia was a litigation associate with Arnold & Porter LLP, where she defended companies in commercial and class action lawsuits.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif; Senior Articles Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal;Received the International Academy of Trial Lawyers’ Student Advocacy Award and the American Jurisprudence Award in Comparative Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of Vermont
Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- State Bar of New Jersey
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Rate : $$$