Troy F. Tatting has represented both businesses and individuals in complex commercial, class action, and mass tort litigation. Mr. Tatting’s current practice focuses on the representation of individuals harmed by defective pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices.
Mr. Tatting has first chair trial experience. He has served as Plaintiff’s Liaison Counsel and been involved in leadership committees in pharmaceutical multidistrict litigations (MDL). He has successfully represented thousands of individuals in drug and medical device MDLs and in class action litigation involving claims of improper wage payments by employers; racial, religious, sexual, and ethnic discrimination; and breaches of consumer protection laws.
Mr. Tatting was part of the trial and litigation team for the first bellwether case selected for trial in the MDL involving the smoking-cessation drug Chantix. The case was the first scheduled for trial of approximately 2,500 filed cases. The case was successfully resolved as part of a confidential settlement on the eve of trial.
Mr. Tatting then served on the trial and litigation team for the second bellwether case scheduled for trial in the Chantix MDL. That case was also resolved successfully and confidentially prior to trial.
Mr. Tatting focuses his pro bono work on advocating for victims of domestic violence through the Tubman Safety Project.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., (2005)
- University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts, B.A. (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Public Justice
- Ramsey County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$