Mr. Richard B. Lapp is a partner in Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Chicago and Century City offices. While his practice centers on high-consequence litigation with particular emphasis on class and collective actions, Mr. Lapp’s unique combination of legal expertise, business acumen, and strategic focus has made him a trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies in a variety of contexts, ranging from strategic counseling and policymaking to high-sensitivity boardroom investigations.
An active litigator, Mr. Lapp’s practice currently extends across the nation, with recent victories secured in significant matters in California, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New York. An experienced advocate for employers before state and federal courts and agencies, Mr. Lapp offers deep expertise in all areas of labor and employment law.
A cum laude graduate of the University of Wisconsin School of Law, Mr. Lapp previously clerked for the Hon. Daniel A. Manion on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Mr. Lapp is a contributing member of several Seyfarth Specialty Groups, including its Appellate Practice Team, Whistleblower Team, Employment Whistleblower Team, Fraud & Abuse, False Claims and Internal Investigations Team, and Corporate Internal Investigations Team.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School (1985)
- Order of the Coif
- Deans Academic Achievement Award
- Law Review Member
- Am. Jur. Book Award
- B.A., Michigan State University (1981)
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment, Dispute Resolution, Litigation (including the Committee on Class and Derivative Actions and Business Law Sections))
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (Employment Disputes Committee, Arbitration Committee)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- United States Chamber of Commerce (Member, Labor Relations Committee)
Rate : $$$