Valerie R. Edwards is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Construction Practice. Ms. Edwards practices complex civil litigation with an emphasis on construction and real estate law.
She represents developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in a variety of matters, including construction defect litigation, contract disputes, and litigation related to construction accidents and job site safety.
Ms. Edwards handles a variety of professional liability matters. She is experienced in providing representation to attorneys, real estate brokers and salespersons, and insurance professionals. She also represents financial services providers in FINRA matters, as well as physicians, nurses, and medical and nursing facilities in medical malpractice actions.
Ms. Edwards is also experienced in a wide range of general insurance defense matters, including product liability claims, insurance bad faith litigation and bodily injury/wrongful death claims.
Ms. Edwards has extensive experience in risk transfer, mediation, and arbitration. She has tried a variety of cases to verdict, including medical malpractice cases, personal injury and premises liability cases, and complex construction defect cases.
Ms. Edwards is active in the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance and serves as a certified instructor for the organization. She is also a volunteer faculty member in the Construction and Property schools for the CLM Claims College, which is held annually in September.
- Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1996
- Arizona State University, Master of Business Administration, 1996
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science in Finance, 1991
- State Bar Admissions, Arizona, Florida
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Greater Orlando Builders Association (2013-Present)
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers (2013-Present)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (2012-Present)
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Executive Board Member (2009-2013)
Rate : $$$