Vincent Candiello concentrates his practice on the representation of management in labor and employment law. Vince has substantial experience with employers in service, construction, healthcare, education and manufacturing of all types. His experience involves representing employers in both traditional labor relations and employment litigation.
This experience includes representing employers for union prevention campaigns, unfair labor practice charges, collective-bargaining negotiations, arbitrations, and labor-contract administration. His experience also includes representation of employers in employment litigation from single-plaintiff cases to class-action lawsuits.
He has handled cases involving race; gender; national origin; disability; age discrimination; harassment; retaliation; Family and Medical Leave Act; wage and hour; wrongful discharge; defamation; breach of contract; whistleblowing and wiretapping claims.
He successfully has tried to verdict over 50 cases involving race, age, gender, national origin and disability discrimination, sexual harassment and FMLA interference and retaliation claims. Vince also represents clients facing state and federal safety citations- he has successfully defended numerous Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) citations, including those involving fatalities.
Certified as a mediator by the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Vince brings over 20 years’ experience helping litigants in all industries to obtain acceptable settlements in employment matters ending costly litigation.
Vince has been on the governing council of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association since 1990, and has been its Chair on two occasions. Vince earned his undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University and his law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Detroit Mercy.
- Adjunct Professor for Saint Francis University teaching labor and employment law for over 20 years in its Master’s Level curriculum for Human Resource Professionals.
- National Labor Relations Board field examiner and hearing officer for seven years.
- University of Detroit Mercy, J.D., magna cum laude, 1978
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1971
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; Michigan; Maryland
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Society for Human Resource Management
Rate : $$$