Board certified by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization and Education in wills, taxation, and trusts & estates, William R. Swindle serves as the co-chair of the Tax and Employee Benefits and the Trusts & Estates practice groups, focusing on estate planning and probate administration, and federal and state tax matters.
His board certifications, coupled with his previous role serving on the Florida Bar Tax Certification Committee, provide him an immeasurable amount of depth, which he brings to the table representing taxpayers in connection with individual, corporate, partnership, estate and gift, and trust tax matters, including planning and controversy resolution at the federal and state levels. Bill practices with the belief that it is important to take a personal interest in his clients, and to be able to talk and relate to them, taking the stress out of potentially difficult situations.
Bill served as the national tax director and a senior vice president with Wachovia Wealth Management, where he provided technical expertise to members of the Financial Planning Group, and assisted Wachovia’s highest net-worth clients. Bill authored articles and spoke to raise the awareness of Wachovia among tax and estate planning professionals.
Staying on top of tax issues and on top of his game, Bill has authored numerous articles on tax and estate planning matters published in law reviews and bar publications, and is a frequent lecturer on tax and estate planning topics. He also serves on the Editorial Board of Practical Tax Strategies, a monthly national tax publication.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida, 1985
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida, Order of the Coif, Chief Tax Editor of the University of Florida Law Review, 1984
- B.S., magna cum laude, Accounting, Florida Southern College, 1981
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 1985
- United States Tax Court, 1986
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Tax Certification Committee, The Florida Bar, past Vice Chair, 2014-2017
- Practical Tax Strategies magazine, Editorial Board
- Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council, former Board Member, 2005-2007
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, former Chairman, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1989-1990; former Co-Chair of the Tax Section, 2005
- Circuit Court Probate Rules, Education and Liaison Committee; former Chairman, 1990-1991
Rate : $$$