Yane Park McKenzie works with companies, nonprofits and individuals on business immigration matters, helping them identify appropriate visa options for foreign national employees.
Yane works with organizations of all sizes that hire and retain foreign nationals, providing actionable advice with respect to government audits/site visits and I-9/E-Verify matters.
She counsels companies and individuals at every step, from exploring the available visa options and entrance of the individual into the United States to maintaining a specific status in the country on a temporary or permanent basis.
She has experience in a wide range of visa categories, including E-1/E-2, L-1, H-1B, EB-1, TN and O-1, as well as PERM labor certifications and green card applications. Yane has also been successful at handling unique cases, including petitioning for a fashion buyer, a country singer, a gundog trainer and a foreign actor.
Representative Matters :
- Audited the Forms I-9 of a multibillion-dollar special chemicals company, and provided legal and practical advice on I-9 practices moving forward.
- Audited the Forms I-9 of a landscaping company in anticipation of an acquisition, and advised the acquirer based on an assessment of the company’s intake practices.
- Assisted in the successful representation of a senior-level executive for a multinational business management consulting company.
- Responded successfully to requests for evidence from the government regarding multinational manager petitions filed by a global steelmaking company.
- Assisted in obtaining visas for a 20-person film crew to help it meet a demanding shooting schedule in the United States.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Chair, New Members Division, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- Member, Alumnae and Women of Emory
- Member, Korean-American Bar Association
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013, Senior Managing Editor, Mercer Law Review
- Emory University, B.A., 2009
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$