Adam M. Galat is an associate in the Health Care practice group. His practice involves advising health care systems, hospitals, physicians, physician groups, and other providers through transactions, regulatory compliance, and litigation. His experience includes matters concerning:
- Fraud and abuse
- Compliance programs
- The False Claims Act
- Licensure and corporate mergers/acquisitions and divestitures
- J.D., The University of Toledo College of Law, 2006
- B.A., Miami University, 2003
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio, 2006
- United States District Court Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Sayegh v. Khoury, 5th Dist. Muskingum Nos. CT2017-0010, CT2015-0063, CT2015-0045, 2017-Ohio-2889, appeal not allowed, 151 Ohio St.3d 1506, 90 N.E.3d 948, 2018-Ohio-365. Appellate representation of former spouse in concurrent appeals concerning property distribution of divorce decree and 60(B) relief sought by former husband. Successfully obtained reversal of many components of property distribution and successfully obtained affirmance on 60(B) relief.
- Black v. Columbus Sports Network, LLC, 10th Dist. Franklin No. 13AP-1025, 2014-Ohio-3607. Representation of sellers of securities in defense of securities fraud litigation. Trial resulted in a defense verdict. Successfully obtained affirmance on appeal.
- American Signature, Inc. v. Extreme Linen, No. 2:12-CV-00601, 2015 WL 1476751 (S.D. Ohio Mar. 31, 2015). Representation of manufacturer of textile products in litigation with a retailer for breach of contract and promissory estoppel. Successfully defended against summary judgment sought by retailer.
- Composed HIPAA policies and procedures for multi-office practitioner.
- Completed multi-state compendium of fraud and abuse laws and regulations concerning pharmacies and pharmacy benefit managers.
- Presented monthly seminars and presentations to health institutions’ compliance officers on wide range of health care topics implicated by systems and practitioners.
- Represented individual practitioners in licensure proceedings before Ohio Medical Board, Ohio Board of Nursing, and Ohio Board of Developmental Disabilities.
- Updated and finalized policies and procedures of hospital system to ensure compliance with revised laws and regulations.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Health Law Committee
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Leadership Toledo, Class of 2018
- Society for Ohio Health Care Attorneys
- Thomas J. Moyer American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$