Albena Petrakov focuses her practice in matters involving bankruptcy litigation, creditor rights, secured and unsecured transactions, and real estate-related litigation. Albena has extensive experience representing clients in bankruptcy and commercial matters in both civil and common law jurisdictions.
She has counseled creditors on maximizing their return on secured and unsecured claims, protecting and realizing collateral, foreclosures, D&O insurance, lender liability and on various adversary proceedings and contested matters, including, among others, preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, claim objections and lift stay proceedings.
In addition, Albena has experience representing design professionals, developers and real estate brokers in commercial litigation and arbitration in disputes involving delay claims, extra work claims, wrongful termination of construction contracts, lien foreclosure actions and payments to real estate brokers.
- Represented a secured creditor in a single asset real estate reorganization;
- Represented a former Dewey & LeBeouf partner in claim objection proceedings;
- Represented a European developer in dispute with New York-based general contractor;
- Part of a team representing the Trustee of Lehman Brothers Inc. in an avoidance action against a major bank.
- B. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. (2009 cum laude)
- Sofia University, Bulgaria, Master in Law (JD equivalent) (2002)
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Bankruptcy Litigation Committee, Federal Bar Council
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- New York City Bar Association (Foreign and Comparative Law Committee, Secretary of European Affairs Committee – 2013-2015)
- City Bar Justice Center, Consumer Bankruptcy Project (Volunteer Attorney)
Rate : $$$$