Alex D. Tomaszczuk, a Pillsbury Government Contracts & Disputes partner, is repeatedly recognized by Chambers USA as an authority on government contracts and disputes litigation. Alex litigates high-dollar value government contract claims and bid protests, and handles internal investigations related to a wide range of compliance issues.
He represents a diverse set of clients, including utilities, aerospace manufacturers, real estate developers and service contractors in actions before the GAO, the Court of Federal Claims and other federal forums. Alex has secured important victories in procurement and contractual disputes with the DOE, DOD, Justice Department, the GSA and other agencies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Conducted many U.S. Court of Federal Claims trials and resultant appeals related to the DOE’s failure to pick up spent nuclear fuel, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars in damages.
- Successfully challenged GSA’s multiyear, multimillion-dollar lease award for the new TSA headquarters in the Washington, DC, area, resulting in an unprecedented decision voiding the lease and reopening the competition.
- Represented Entergy Corporation before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in a 2016 precedential decision allowing utilities to recover cask-loading costs.
- Managed internal investigation and reported to senior management of a leading research and development concern regarding allegations of time mischarging under U.S. Government contracts and subcontracts.
- Represented more than twenty utilities in litigation at the Court of Federal Claims and Federal Circuit involving the Department of Energy’s overcharging of those utilities for uranium enrichment services.
- Successfully litigated various bid protests at the GAO and Court of Federal Claims involving the real estate and government services industries.
- American Bar Association, Public Contracts Law Section
- Federal Bar Association, Government Contracts Section
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- LL.M., Columbia University, 1987
- J.D., University of Missouri, 1981
- B.A., Stanford University, 1977
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
CLERKSHIPS : Clerk, U.S. Court of Claims, 1981 – 1982 (now U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit)
Rate : $$$