Alexander Bogdan is an experienced labor and employment attorney who has worked with clients in a wide array of industries including healthcare, higher education, financial services and hospitality. He represents national and international clients in all aspects of labor and employment law, including wage-and-hour, discrimination and sexual harassment litigation.
He works closely with clients to conduct due diligence on labor and employment issues in corporate acquisitions and advises clients on compliance with local, state and federal laws regarding hiring and termination, discipline, discrimination, retaliation and wages.
Alexander has significant experience drafting labor and employment handbooks and policies and procedures as well as drafting and negotiating employment, separation, confidentiality and non-competition agreements.
Prior to joining the team at Fox, Alexander was an associate at a boutique labor and employment law firm in New York. He also served as Chief Counsel, Labor and Employee Relations at New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Upon graduating from law school, Alexander worked as a labor and employment and litigation associate in the New York office of an international law firm. Alexander also has sports writing experience, contributing to the 2005 and 2006 editions of Pro Football Prospectus.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a restaurant group in defense of claims of unpaid overtime, failure to provide proper wage notices, and failure to provide proper wage statements.
- Represented a national mortgage company in defense of collective action under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented a national professional service firm in defense of lawsuits alleging religious discrimination and breach of employment and commission agreements.
- Represented an international bank in sexual harassment and age discrimination law suits and in a successful motion to vacate an arbitration award.
- Represented an international oil company in multi-district environmental products liability action.
- St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Brown University (B.A., 2000)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$