Allan Horwich has practiced for more than 45 years in corporate counseling and litigation. He maintains an active counseling practice at the firm concurrent with serving as a full-time member of the residential faculty of the Northwestern University School of Law.
He has advised corporations, financial institutions, investors, securities professionals and boards of directors on a wide range of disclosure, corporate governance, corporate compliance, fiduciary duty and insider trading questions.
During his career, he has litigated cases, including individual, class actions and derivative claims, throughout the country under all of the federal securities laws and represented clients in Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigations and proceedings.
- Allan represented a Special Litigation Committee of a board of a Fortune 200 company.
- He served as representation of a bank holding company in a putative securities class action.
- Allan was involved in an internal investigation of accounting and other irregularities at finance subsidiary of bank holding company.
- He also served representation and counsel of corporations and individuals in accounting fraud litigation and investigations.
- Allan represented a large publicly-held savings institution in a securities class action challenging the adequacy of disclosure in public offering documents and corporate reports.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1969
- Princeton University, A.B., 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Wall Street Lawyer, Editorial Advisory Board
Rate : $$$