As a junior lawyer, Daveid Renwick Hodgman knew he wanted his practice to involve complex issues of taxation. A trusts and estates practice offered this variety, but also required knowledge of many other legal areas including fiduciary law, real estate, corporate law and litigation.
When Dave started practice, most young lawyers had to try their hands at a wide range of disciplines, and doing so gave him a broad background in these and related areas. Over the years he has concentrated in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust litigation, private companies and charitable foundations.
Clients often call upon Dave in potential conflict situations due to his non-confrontational manner and ability to find creative solutions. His 40 years of experience afford a broad perspective which helps him identify compromise solutions, and his collegial approach minimizes the risk of litigation.
Dave works with many corporate fiduciaries with regard to risk management and complex trust administration. He has represented numerous corporate and individual fiduciaries with respect tax and non-tax matters including fiduciary liability litigation.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1974
- Grinnell College, B.A., 1969
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Chicago Bar Association, Probate Practice — Legislative Committee, Former Chair
- Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning magazine, Member of the Editorial Board
- Illinois State Bar Association
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Evanston Parks Foundation, President
- Evanston Recreation Board, Former President
Rate : $$$