Allison P. Miller advises creditors and other investors on distressed transactions, including financings, securities and merger and acquisition (M&A) deals. She has extensive experience advising on the complex corporate law issues unique to restructurings and special situations transactions. In particular, she represents creditor groups in structuring and negotiating distressed asset acquisitions in 363 sales and complex debt-for-equity exchanges.In addition, Allison acts as outside corporate counsel to public and private companies emerging from a Chapter 11 or out-of-court restructuring.
- Extensive experience advising distressed investors in 363 sales and distressed financing and special situations transactions.
- Advises creditors, official and unofficial creditors’ committees and distressed investors in in-court and out-of-court restructurings, rights offerings, exchange offers and other financing and securities transactions.
- Counsels companies and boards emerging from bankruptcy on governance, liability management and securities compliance.
- Advised creditors in out-of-court debt-for-equity exchanges, refinancings and private placements, including recent transactions for Total Safety, Templar Energy and Sequa.
- Advised creditors’ committees in Sears, iHeart Communications, Nine West, Dynegy, Edison Mission Energy, Overseas Shipholding Group and Sandridge Energy.
- Represents post-restructured boards and special committees of True Religion, Seadrill Limited, Payless, Warrior Met Coal, LifeCare Holdings, among others.
- Represented strategic distressed investors and creditor groups in purchase of assets in 363 transactions for Aerosoles, Brookstone, Cobalt, Mission Coal and Walter Energy.
- Represented “fulcrum security” ad hoc creditor groups in the recent in-court restructurings of American Tire Distributors, Seadrill Limited, Avaya, True Religion, Payless, Magnum Hunter and SunEdison.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law,magna cum laude, 2003
- B.A., Mount Holyoke College, with distinction, 1997
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$$