Prakash H. Mehta works with asset managers, institutional investors and entrepreneurs on all aspects of their businesses. He advises on capital raising and fund formation and assists in complex transactions that support clients’ investment and other business strategies.
Prakash provides strategic advice on:
- Private equity-style investments, both minority and control
- Exit transactions including strategic sales, recapitalizations and IPOs
- Joint ventures
- Stock and asset sales.
He also provides ongoing counseling on investor portfolio company matters and serves as corporate counsel to public and private portfolio companies.In the decade since the global financial crisis, Prakash has become extensively involved in investigations and formal dispute resolution both within and outside of the funds industry.
Prakash is the leader of the firm’s India practice and played a key role in the establishment of the firm’s Hong Kong and Singapore practices. He has participated in internal investigations on behalf of emerging market companies, and has handled numerous matters involving the World Bank’s anticorruption arm.
- Co-leader of firm’s investment management practice and member of the management committee.
- Leader of the firm’s India practice and was instrumental in the formation of the Hong Kong and Singapore offices.
- Advises some of the world’s most prominent fund sponsors, institutional investors and investment banks.
- Representing limited partner advisory boards with respect to “zombie fund” manager disputes, with extensive work on “funds divorce” matters involving fund principals and investors.
- Providing advice on debt and equity investments in shipping assets around the world.
- Advising on manager-level transactions, including seed arrangements, joint ventures and minority stake sales.
- Counseling funds on the restructuring of shale-play investments impacted by the volatility in the energy sector.
- Assisting Asian clients on U.S. inbound investments in a variety of sectors deemed attractive by virtue of the relative strength of the U.S. economy.
- Member, advisory council, South Asia Center, Atlantic Council.
- Member, board of directors, U.S.-India Business Council.
- Member, advisory council, Committee for Global Thought, Columbia University.
- Member, advisory council, Emerging Markets Private Equity Association.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center,magna cum laude, 1994
- B.S., Georgetown University, summa cum laude, 1991
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$