As part of her robust labor and employment litigation practice, Amanda C. Koziol represents employers in state and federal court against allegations of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations. She also defends employers in complex wage and hour class actions and PAGA representative actions.
Amanda also assists employers with complex governmental complaints and investigations, including those conducted by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Additionally, she provides advice and counsel to clients on relevant California and federal laws and regulations.
- Obtained dismissal in arbitration hearing on behalf of national healthcare company against sexual harassment and wrongful termination claims.
- Defended international furniture retailer in wage and hour class action alleging off-the-clock work, meal and rest period violations, and unpaid overtime. Successfully executed individual settlement strategy and preemptively defeated plaintiffs’ attempt to certify putative class.
- Defended federally regulated railway carrier in wage and hour class action involving Federal Railway Labor Act preemption issues.
- Defended employers in numerous single-plaintiff cases involving discrimination, harassment, disability discrimination, failure to accommodate disability, breach of contract, retaliation, whistleblower and wrongful termination claims.
- Successfully represented employers in California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) investigations.
- JD, Whittier Law School, 2014
- BA, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2009
- Member, California State Bar, Labor and Employment Section
Rate : $$$$