Jeffrey Gilbert is an experienced litigator representing developers, real estate lenders, financial institutions, REITs, special servicers, and receivers in all aspects of construction, property, and commercial financial disputes.
Jeffrey, on behalf of nationwide lenders and servicers, has foreclosed mortgage liens on highly visible properties located throughout Florida, including resort hotels, golf course developments, and downtown office buildings.
He litigates significant commercial tenancy cases on behalf of owners and landlords, as well as defending civil and criminal usury and lender liability claims and counterclaims. He also litigates probate, estate, trust, and fiduciary cases, and land use and zoning disputes.
In addition, Jeffrey represents electronics and cellular clients, including prosecuting claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. He also represents investment advisors in SEC enforcement actions, and SEC and NASD registered corporations in administrative and court proceedings. He also handles mediations and national and international arbitrations.
Throughout his career, Jeffrey has worked with Florida Bar committees and the charitable community. He chaired the Real Estate Litigation Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the Florida Bar for several years and has served on its executive council (1995 – 2001).
He is a graduate and former skills advisory chair for Leadership Fort Lauderdale. He served for several years as vice president of the Jewish Museum of Florida, Miami Beach, Fla. He is a former chair of the Attorney’s Division and director of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation (2005 – 2010).
He is also a former local communities chair of the National Young Leadership Cabinet, United Jewish Communities; a member of the Young President’s Club, Mt. Sinai Hospital; and the former chair of the Committee on Governance and a board director at the Scheck Hillel Community School (2009 – 2014).
Jeffrey earned his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law, where he was an associate editor of the University of Miami Law Review. He received his B.A. from Northwestern University, where he served as the editorial editor of The Daily Northwestern.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1980
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida
- Member, Greater Miami Jewish Federation Leadership Council
- Former Chair, Real Estate Litigation Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the Florida Bar
- Graduate and former Skills Advisory Chair for Leadership Fort Lauderdale
- Chair of the Attorney’s Division and Director of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation (2005 – 2010)
- Local Communities Chair of the National Young Leadership Cabinet, United Jewish Communities (2000 – 2004)
- Chair of the Committee on Governance and a Board Director at the Scheck Hillel Community School (2009 – 2014)
- Board of Governors, Temple Menorah, Miami Beach
Rate : $$$$