Andrew J. Capalbo is a member of the Firm’s Private Equity and Venture Capital practice group, and focuses his practice on representing private equity, venture capital and other corporate clients on a wide range of transactional matters that include leveraged buyouts, exit transactions, public and private strategic mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and various stages of debt and equity financings.
His practice also includes general corporate counseling, acting as outside counsel for portfolio companies of private equity clients, including with respect to corporate governance, compliance, employment and incentive equity matters.
Andrew attended Boston University Law School where he was a member of the Annual Review of Banking and Finance Law. Andrew was also a member of the School’s representative team in the regional ABA-sponsored negotiation competition. Prior to law school, Andrew attended Brown University and was a member of the Brown Bears golf team.
Representative Experience :
- Represented Nautic Partners and its portfolio company Healthcare Payment Specialists (HPS), a leader in helping healthcare providers optimize Medicare reimbursement, in the sale of HPS to TransUnion Healthcare Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of TransUnion (NYSE: TRU)
- Counseled Nautic Partners and its portfolio company Community Medical Group (CMG), a leading at-risk primary care provider serving over 70,000 Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and Health Insurance Marketplace program patients in Miami-Dade County, Florida, in the sale of CMG to Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC)
- Represented Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company, a Nautic Partners portfolio company that is the leading behavioral health specialty pharmacy company in the U.S., in a strategic investment from Advent International
- Represented Sleep Experts, a Dallas-based mattress retailer, in its sale to a subsidiary of Mattress Firm (NASDAQ: MFRM)
- Represented Vendome Group, LLC in its sale of the Healthcare Design Conference and Expo, Healthcare Design Magazine, the Environments for Aging and the Construction SuperConference to Emerald Expositions, LLC
- Represented Hastings Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Cactus Fuels, a Texas-based distributor of fuel and lubricants to upstream and midstream customers throughout the Permian Basin
- Advised a private equity fund in connection with its formation of a fiber-based telecommunications business via cash and in-kind investments from multiple venture funds and strategic partners, and the eventual sale of the company to a foreign strategic buyer
- Represented Columbia Capital in connection with its acquisition of Canara, Inc., a battery resale, installation, monitoring and maintenance services business serving datacenter operators and operators of other critical infrastructure
- Represented the US-operating arm of a publicly traded French holding company in acquiring a regional electrical products and services distributor
- Represented a private equity client in connection with the acquisition of a leading designer, importer and distributor of pet apparel and fashion accessories based in San Francisco, California
- J.D., cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., Brown University, 2003
- Rhode Island, 2006
- Massachusetts, 2006
Rate : $$$