Andrew J. Droke is a member of the Health Law Group and the Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity Team in Baker Donelson’s Nashville office. Mr. Droke represents health care providers and organizations in a broad range of regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters.
Mr. Droke routinely advises clients with respect to their regulatory obligations, including those imposed by HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2, state data privacy and security laws, and global data protection laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In addition to assisting with the development and implementation of customized policies, procedures, and controls, he helps clients identify, evaluate, and manage the risks associated with their privacy and information security practices.
Mr. Droke also assists clients with corporate and transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, provider contracting, and other strategic arrangements. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Bernice B. Donald on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- University of Memphis, B.Mus., 2009, summa cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 2013
- Worked with a large not-for-profit health system to develop and implement a revised privacy program.
- Assisted in structuring, drafting, and negotiating software, vendor, and other service provider agreements and business associate agreements for covered entities and business associates.
- Assisted with a regional health system’s acquisition of a physician practice group.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association, Health Law Section
Rate : $$$$