Andrew Felix, a partner in the Product Liability Safety Group, has national litigation experience and a hands-on approach that benefits the Firm’s clientele throughout the country.
Mr. Felix is adept at handling a wide variety of legal matters. He is experienced in issues involving products liability litigation and catastrophic personal injury, including consumer products, motor vehicles and their component parts, airbags, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and toxic torts.
He previously participated in individual tobacco litigation cases and had extensive involvement in pharmaceutical litigation involving Fen-Phen. Mr. Felix also successfully represented multiple race fans against NASCAR, who were injured during the February 2013 crash at Daytona International Speedway.
Additionally, Mr. Felix currently represents multiple families and individuals nationwide who were catastrophically injured by defective vehicle air bags manufactured by Takata Corporation and TK Holdings Inc. Mr. Felix, on behalf of his client, Mr. Alexander Bowers, was recently appointed to the seven–person Tort Victim’s Creditors Committee by the U.S. Trustee in TK Holdings, Inc.’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Mr. Felix and others had asked the U.S. Trustee to form the committee because they were concerned that injured plaintiffs would not have the representation to which they’re entitled in Takata’s bankruptcy proceedings.
The approval of this committee is noteworthy, because large-scale recent bankruptcies in the auto industry, such as those involving GM and Chrysler, have not appointed separate creditors’ committees for injured plaintiffs. As members of a committee, Mr. Bowers and the other plaintiffs now have the chance to formally be heard as creditors.
- University of Florida (B.S. Finance/Economics)
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D.)
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The California Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough, St. Petersburg and Orange County Bar Associations, Young Lawyers
- Florida Citrus Sports
- Central Florida Transportation Task Force, Board Member
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Rate : $$$$