Anna Knecht Page focuses on federal income tax issues related to structured finance and securitization, real estate investment trusts (REITs) and other capital market transactions.
Anna has experience representing REMICs, REITs, publicly traded partnerships, and other pass-through entities.
Her practice also includes the representation of issuers, underwriters and servicers in various aspects of federal income tax structuring of asset securitization and other capital markets transactions.
On a pro bono basis, she represents military veterans and families.
- Representation of issuers and underwriters concerning tax issues in private and public mortgage-backed security and debt offerings, including representation of US government agencies in mortgage loan securitization transactions.
- Representation of issuers and underwriters concerning tax issues in servicer advance facility financings.
- Tax structuring, evaluation and representation of various securitization, resecuritization, grantor trust and fund transactions including issues regarding real estate assets, distressed assets, US trade or business and US withholding.
- Representation of issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private equity and debt offerings by REITs.
- Pro bono representation of veterans in the process of obtaining combat-related special compensation benefits.
- Pro bono instruction on federal income tax return preparation to military volunteers who will assist military families in preparing tax returns.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, cum laude, Washington & Lee Law Review, 2012
- BA, University of Virginia, 2006
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$